If you are seeing slowness in the Domino UI and/or see the message from your browser that it is "waiting for available socket" you may have exhausted the available sockets for your browser. Chrome is limited to 6 web sockets (on Windows this can be set to 32 via the registry).
You may exhaust your websockets for a few reasons...
- Browser extensions: antivirus, lastpass for example.
- Too many open tabs, particularly to Domino
To mitigate this issue, try the following steps...
- Restart your browser
- Clear sockets via chrome internals - flush socket pool, (chrome://net-internals/#sockets)
- Additionally flush DNS, clear cache and cookies
- If browser is not on auto upgrade, it may need an upgrade
- Reboot your computer (this may be needed even after clearing the browser as above)
- Disable browser extensions if possible.
Please sign in to leave a comment.