Depending on your version of Domino there are two sets of keys which should be targeted with the values of the SMTP host.
- smtp.from, com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.from: This can be any real email address.
- smtp.ssl, com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.ssl: Set to "true" if using SSL, "false" if not
- smtp.host, com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.host: The name of the smtp server.
- smtp.port, com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.port: This will be port 25 if not using SSL, port 465 if SSL is enabled, and port 587 if STARTTLS is enabled.
- Should STARTTLS be required explicitly, i.e on port 25 set:
*com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.ssl : false
*com.cerebro.domino.email.channel : starttls
- smtp.user, com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.user: Can be blank if no username is required for the SMTP host.
- smtp.password, com.cerebro.domino.email.smtp.password: Can be blank if no password is required for the SMTP host.
- email.notificationFromAddress, com.cerebro.domino.email.notificationFromAddress: Should be the same as the smtp.from key
After populating these keys, Domino services will need to be restarted as with any Central Configuration change.
This can be done from within the menu at Admin -> Advanced -> Restart Services.
If you encounter an issue after populating these keys, or need further assistance with the configuration, please contact Domino Support.
Even though this is an old article and possibly out of date or superceded, the port number for the non SSL case should be 25 (not 22 as indicated in the article).
Thanks for catching that. The article has been updated, and I've added port 587 if StartTLS is in use.
Please sign in to leave a comment.