Version/Environment (if relevant):
Applies to version 5.4 (latest version upon publish of this article).
Customers are curious what the various states mean during Workspace transitions:
- Assigning: Your Run has been acknowledged, User-quota's are checked, kubernetes resources are being created and pods are being scheduled/assigned to nodes. This can include the phase in which a new node is scaled-up for pod scheduling/assignment.
- Mounting: Volumes associated with the pod and containers created for your Run are being mounted. This includes data volumes, SSL cert-related volumes, secrets, project files, config-related volumes, etc.
- Pulling: Container Images required by your Run are being pulled from a docker registry. This may include ngix, the domino executor, the Compute Environment, etc depending on what images might already be cached on your node.
- Preparing: Copy of files from the Domino File System and/or git into your local Run's directories are happening. Also setup scripts hard-coded by Domino as well as those defined in your Compute Environment are being executed.
- Running: User-code is being launched. This would be the start command for your workspace as defined in your Compute Environment's "pluggable workspaces" section which triggers the third-party (like Jupyter or R Studio) IDE's own code to initiate.
Assigning, Mounting and Pulling match the "Deploying" state seen in a support bundle's saga.json file