This applies to all versions of Domino.
In the JupyterLab Terminal, there is too much space between characters.
- In a project, create a JupyterLab workspace.
- In the JupyterLab notebook, go to File > New > Terminal.
- Notice that in the Terminal, the kerning or spacing between the characters is too wide. The space appears to be double the normal amount of space.
This issue can occur when the Fixed-width font in your Chrome’s browser settings is not a monospaced font.
- In Chrome, go directly to the font settings: chrome://settings/fonts
- Or go to the meatball menu in the top right > Settings > Appearance > Customize fonts
- Under Fixed-width font, choose a monospaced font, e.g. Monaco, Courier, PT Mono, Consolas, Inconsolata, etc.
- Back in the JupyterLab Terminal, go to File > New > Terminal. The space between characters should now be normal.
Examples of monospace fonts in Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/?category=Monospace
Please sign in to leave a comment.