Version/Environment (if relevant):
This applies to all versions of Domino.
You can download individual job output files from the Results tab of the Job Details page. To download all the output files related to your job, you can use the Domino Command Line Interface (CLI).
Part 1: Install and log into the Domino CLI
1. Install the Domino CLI using these steps: Your username > Download CLI > Run the installer application according to your Operating System (macOS, Windows, Linux).
2. In the terminal, run the domino login command to log into your Domino deployment.
domino login https://your-domino-url.com
Then enter your username and password.
You'll see output similar to this:
You need to authorize using CLI with Domino.
Please go to https://your-domino-url.com/authorizeCli to get your authorization code.
Please note that you may be required to login.
Enter the resulting authorization code below.
3. Copy the URL from the output and paste it into a new tab in your browser. Then copy the authorization code.
4. In the terminal, paste in the authorization code. You'll see Login succeeded.
Part 2: Download the project files to your local machine
5. Run the domino get command to create a folder on your local machine containing your project.
domino get your-project-name
You'll see output similar to this:
Project get complete. Make sure to navigate to your new project folder by running:
To run a file on Domino, type:
domino run [command-to-run]
6. On your local machine, search for your-project-name and confirm that the folder was created.
7. Run the cd command to change directories and navigate to your new project folder:
8. If it's been a while since you last ran domino get and you need to refresh and download the latest copy of your files into your current project folder, run the domino download command:
9. On your local machine, confirm that your-project-name folder has the latest files.
Part 3: Download the job results files into your project folder on your local machine
To download the files via CLI for a specific job, you have 2 options to download either via runId or job number.
10. In your browser, open the Jobs page and click on a job.
In this example, the URL for job number 3 is: https://your-domino-url.com/jobs/username/workspacename/6350ba28995b4834a18b5123/results?status=all
Copy the runId from the URL: 6350ba28995b4834a18b5123
11a. In the terminal, run this command to download the files via runId.
domino download-results <runId>
domino download-results 6350ba28995b4834a18b5123
On your local machine, check that the new folder is created under your-project-name/results/run-6350ba28995b4834a18b5123
11b. Or run this command to download the files via run number.
domino download-results <run number>
domino download-results 3
On your local machine, check that the new folder is created under your-project-name/results/run-3
Note: It's expected that the run folder will contain all the files from the run, including the results. This is because each job creates a snapshot of all your files, including any results the code creates or modifies. This includes charts, tables, data files, and serialized model data. All assets are versioned and can be compared across different jobs.
12. If you want just the run results to be downloaded into your /results folder, you can run the domino download command with a filter:
domino download-results --filter 'results/*' 6350ba28995b4834a18b5123
domino download-results --filter 'results/*' 3
- Install the Domino Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Download Files with the CLI
- Get a project from the server onto your computer for the first time
- Download the latest version of your files