Notice: End-of-Life For Domino Versions Up To 4.5.x after December 2022
Domino product versions 1.x-4.5.x will reach official End-of-Life as of December 31, 2022. “End of Life” signifies the date after which an upgrade will be required for continued Support (Support tickets and technical inquiries will no longer be accepted for the version/release that has surpassed End-of-Life). More details are available on this public knowledge base page.
If you are still running a version nearing End-of-Life, it is recommended that you pursue ONE of the following two options:
- BEST option: Upgrade to a supported version (4.6 or later). This provides significant benefits, including updated testing and support for later Kubernetes and Linux versions, improved stability and functionality, etc. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you need assistance with your upgrade.
- Next option:Purchase an End of Life extension. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you wish to extend Support.
Notice: Kubernetes >=1.21 + Domino 4.6-5.x compatibility: Fix for 40x and 500 errors caused by Vault exceptions
The following information applies to deployments of Domino 4.6.x, 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, and 5.3.0 that are using Kubernetes version 1.21 or higher.
- Issue: Domino suddenly becomes unusable for all users. Workspaces, project pages, account pages, etc are largely unusable due to 500 and 40x errors.
- Root Cause: Kubernetes 1.21 has changed how service account tokens are mounted, resulting in component problems after 90 days in EKS and 365 days in non-EKS. In addition to the Vault component problems, Fluentd (run logging) and New Relic logging will fail to communicate with the Kubernetes API as well. Note: Domino version 4.6.x and 5.3.0 won't exhibit Vault problems, but they will have the Fluentd (run logging) and New Relic logging problems.
- Solution: Please apply the steps and script described in this Knowledge Base article. If you have additional question, please feel free to contact Domino Support.